Peach Tomato Crostini



On top of my fresh herb kick, I’ve now started a put-things-on-toast kick. I made my Herbed Bruschetta for a party recently and then had a bunch of leftover creme fraiche. We also received about 8 pounds of peaches in our CSA this week. So I made more toasts with mint, peaches, and tomatoes.


  • gluten-free baguette
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup creme fraiche
  • 1/3 ounce fresh mint, stems removed, cut in a chiffonade (3½ tablespoons)
  • 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced (6 ounces)
  • 2 small peaches, thinly sliced (8-9 ounces)
  1. Slice the baguette on a bias into 12 ½-inch thick pieces. Lightly brush oil on both sides and place on a baking sheet. Place under a low broiler for 2 minutes. Remove and flip bread slices over. Return to the oven and toast another 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
  2. Spread 1 teaspoon of creme fraiche onto each slice of bread. Divide the mint evenly between the crostini. Top each crostini with two slices of tomato, then two slices of peach. Serve.
Serves 3-4
As noted in the bruschetta recipe, I know broilers can vary quite a bit. Your best bet is to use a short amount of time, and keep an eye on the bread.
Personally, I am not a fan of raw tomatoes. I like the crostini better without them. But, I figure most everyone else is going crazy for tomatoes at the moment.
This recipe is being shared in Meat Free Mondays, Allergy Free Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, and Gluten Free Fridays.
Looking for More Gluten-Free Vegetarian Recipes?
A sampling of the recipes included:
  • Breakfasts: Cinnamon Quinoa Muffins, Yeasted Waffles, Gooey Butter Cake,
  • Sides: Patatas Bravas, Pea and New Potato Salad, Braised Celery,
  • Mains: Corn Waffle Sandwiches, Enchiladas with Green Sauce, Pesto Asparagus Galette, and
  • Desserts: Blueberry Mango Crisp, Baklava Rolls, Amaretto Cake.
Share on Google Plus

About chef imado

Hello! My Name Is Imad Qaidi, Cooking Holds a certificate of the Moroccan state and I have all the qualifications of the traditional and the modern cuisine of various well-known in the world of cooking states, Best Regards Admin.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment